can be obtained in exchange for a specific type of investment in this country. The program is meant to attract as many foreign investors as possible. All the aspects related to Croatia citizenship by investment
can be explained by one of our company formation specialists in Croatia
. Moreover, if you would like to start a business in this country, feel free to send your inquiries and let our specialists help you right away.
How do I buy citizenship in Croatia in 2022?
Registering a company or purchasing a property in Croatia are two important and profitable options to obtain citizenship in this country. The immigration policy has been simplified in recent years in Croatia, allowing foreigners to easily set up their businesses and make different investments to gain citizenship. Here is information to consider when applying for Croatia citizenship by investment in 2022:
- The real estate properties in Croatia are at affordable costs compared to other European countries.
- Buying accommodation in Croatia comes with a temporary residence permit which changes into a permanent one.
- A high qualified lawyer in Croatia is at your disposal when buying a property for buying citizenship in this country.
- You can simply register a company in Croatia and gain citizenship as a non-resident in this country. We can handle the formalities with the authorities in charge.
Some might think that purchasing a property or registering a business in Croatia
can be done without help. Even though it seems simple, it is recommended to have the support of a specialist with experience in this field, who knows the legislation and who can help EU and non-EU nationals gain citizenship. This way, you can skip the bureaucracies and complex formalities that might arise on the way.
Gaining Croatia citizenship by investment
An investment of approximately EUR 100,000 in Croatia is the main requirement to enter the citizenship program. This means that foreigners can set up companies
or invest in existing ones, create jobs, and live at least 8 years in Croatia without interruptions to gain citizenship. Compared to other countries, Croatia imposes relatively low investment options to join the citizenship program. Plus, the formalities are quite permissive and foreigners can start businesses or purchase properties in a fast manner. You can discuss all the aspects of Croatia citizenship by investment in 2022
with our agents in Croatia
Is dual citizenship permitted in Croatia in 2022?
Yes, you can enjoy the benefits of dual citizenship and also have a second passport. You can access two social services systems, have properties in both countries, live and work in any country you wish without restrictions. Dual citizenship might seem complex for some people, especially when it comes to regulations and formalities. This is why you should get in touch with our team of agents with experience in immigration in Croatia and benefit from their expertise.
Opening a business to gain citizenship in Croatia
Foreign investors can also enjoy other benefits offered by Croatia. For example, citizenship can be obtained by registering a company in this country. In this case, foreigners must submit a request to the Croatian Consulate, mentioning the intention to open a business and gain citizenship through the programs offered by the authorities. Here are some conditions that must be observed in this direction:
- • Candidates must provide a detailed business plan before the application for citizenship in Croatia.
- • Croatian authorities will ask for information on the source of investment for the company.
- • In order to be able to operate on the market, you need a business permit, guaranteed by the authorities, if the above requirements are met.
We mention that our company formation specialists in Croatia
are ready to offer all the necessary support for foreigners interested in Croatia citizenship by investment
and the imposed conditions. In addition, they can deal with all the necessary formalities and documents, but also with the communication with the relevant authorities. If you need accountants in Croatia
for your business, we can offer professional services.
Making investments in Croatia
If you choose Croatia for investments and business in 2022 you can be certain that you made a great choice. The country sustains foreign investments and continues to implement a series of incentives and encouragements to attract foreign investors in a large number. Besides the strategic geographic location of Croatia that connects the country with international financial centers, the competitive operational costs are taken into consideration by foreign investors.
A multilingual and experienced workforce, the ease of doing business, enjoying multiple grants offered by the government, and making profits in prolific sectors like tourism, agriculture, energy, manufacturing or IT represent a few of the business attributes presented by Croatia. The textile industry, automotive, food industry, and the pharmaceutical sector are quite developed in Croatia and are on the list of most international entrepreneurs who want to do business in this country. Here are some interesting facts and figures that explain more:
- Nearly USD 30 billion represented the total FDI stock for Croatia in 2019.
- The 2020 Doing Business report ranks Croatia 51st out of 190 economies in the world.
- The financial services gained around 30% of the total FDI stock in the same year.
- Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, And Italy are the main investors in Croatia.
- The value of the greenfield investments in Croatia totaled around USD 1,4 billion in 2019.
Frequently asked questions
Our team of specialists often receives questions about Croatia citizenship by investment and the rules to follow. Below are some of these questions, hoping that the answers will clarify certain situations before contacting our local agents.
1. Who can receive Croatia citizenship by investment?
Both EU and non-EU citizens can apply for Croatian citizenship. However, it is important to understand the rules to gain this status, and our specialists can explain in detail.
2. How much is required to enter Croatia citizenship by investment program?
Around EUR 100,000 is needed to enter this program, and this amount must be invested in a new company or an existing one. Creating jobs is another important aspect that candidates must take into account.
3. After how many years can you gain Croatian citizenship?
Once enrolled in the citizenship by Investment program
, applicants must prove that they have lived in Croatia for at least 8 years without interruption. This is followed by the citizenship process and the verification of investments made by foreigners in Croatia
. You can find out all the details from our local agents.
4. Can I obtain Croatian citizenship by buying a property?
Of course, this is another alternative to joining the citizenship by investment program. Foreigners can purchase a property in Croatia and then apply for citizenship.
5. How can Croatian citizenship be obtained?
Foreign citizens opening companies in Croatia can apply for Croatia citizenship by investment. A limited liability company can be the optimal structure to set up a company in this country, without complicated formalities. We remind you that our specialists in the field can provide the necessary support to foreigners interested in this aspect.
6. Under what conditions can the application for Croatian citizenship be rejected?
If the authorities find that the source of the investment is illegal, then the application for Croatian citizenship can be rejected.
7. Which institution verifies applications for Croatian citizenship?
The Ministry of Interior is the institution that verifies the citizenship applications of foreigners. But, in order to have a simple and fast process, you can talk to our agents.
8. Is dual citizenship allowed in Croatia?
Yes, according to Immigration Law in Croatia, the authorities allow dual citizenship. This is an important advantage for foreigners who relocate to this country and who want to develop their business.
9. What does a foreigner who obtains Croatian citizenship receive?
In terms of documents, you will get the birth certificate, national ID card, Croatian passport, and a document called "Domovnica" which certifies that you are a Croatian citizen.
10. How can a specialist help me obtain Croatia citizenship by investment?
Our agents have experience in this field and can provide the necessary support, in terms of documents, for interested applicants. In addition, our experts work closely with the relevant authorities, and the process of obtaining citizenship can be easy and fast if all the rules are followed.
Interested in gaining citizenship by investment in Croatia
? We invite you to discover the services offered by our company formation agents in Croatia
. You can get in touch with us
and make an appointment right away.