The workforce in Croatia is considered one of the most affordable and competitive in the European Union. Alongside tourism, the Croatian workforce is one of the main reasons the country is attractive for foreign investments. Several key facts about the workforce in Croatia are:
• multilingual - 49% of the population speaks English;
• motivated and productive.
If you intend to open a company in Croatia, these factors can be decisive for the success of your business. More details about the workforce can be given to you by our experts in company formation in Croatia.
When you start a business in Croatia, you need to hire employees. There are several advantages of hiring Croatian workforce. These include the following:
• Hiring and firing practices - the Croatian work legislation provides very flexible agreements between employees and employers. The working conditions are very easy to negotiate and this leads to a high degree of consensus in the labor market;
• Language proficiency - 49% of the Croat people speak English and foreign investors have no difficulties in finding employees for their companies;
• Working time flexibility – newly hired employees can work on fixed term contracts and there is also the possibility of shift-work and week-end work, especially in the tourism sector. Employees have the possibility to adapt their working day and be more efficient;
• The involvement of the local government in promoting a national system for ensuring skills and employability.
Our specialists in company registration in Croatia can tell you more about the local policies aimed at improving the Croatian labor market.
If you intend to register a company in Croatia, you need to get accustomed with the working habits of the local workforce. There are several aspects of the organization of work in Croatia, stipulated within the employment legislation. These include the following:
• Equality and non-discrimination at work - direct, indirect discrimination, harassment and sexual harassment are strictly prohibited in Croatia;
• Equal pay and gender pay gap - the employment legislation provides equal pay for equal work, irrespective of the gender of the employee;
• Quota regulations - the employment of disabled persons is implemented within the Croatian labor market.
If you need more information regarding the work legislation, don't hesitate to contact our company formation agents in Croatia.